We are recruiting an Application Engineer (mid-senior level) for our client, one of the top global retail groups.
What will you do:
The proposed role of Application Engineer is mainly responsible for understanding the problems coming from the business and identifying solutions to be implemented with the help of teams of specialists in various technical areas (development, system administration, Databases, etc.).
The requirements for the role are:
- Previous experience in application engineering;
- Experience in Windows/Linux server administration (scripting, authorizations, configuration);
- Understanding of web server technologies: e.g. J Boss, Tomcat, Apache. Tasks: e.g. to connect certificates;
- Experience in root cause/corrective action (log files, troubleshooting);
- Basic knowledge of SQL & Oracle e.g. SQL Developer;
- Experience with Powershell & Windows batch scripting e.g. job implementation;
- Basic understanding & experience with Ansible (DevOps topics); no need for programming skills;
- Interest in learning/experience in automatisation (cloud/container topics);
- English language – advanced level;
- University degree in information technology or comparable.