Take on a growing opportunity and join a team that will highly value your hands-on experience. Our client is looking for a Technical Expert with Java that will achieve the team’s objectives with her technical input. If you feel confident to be approached as an expert for technical languages, platforms, and engineering practices, this is a project where you can bring an impact.
What will you do:
• Keep the engineering group up to date on new technologies and software development practices;
• Engineering Craftsmanship including coaching and mentoring the team, providing training;
• Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity;
• Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance;
• Interacting with clients, product managers, technical leads and developers to determine functional and non-functional requirements;
• Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas and put forwards solutions to any issues;
• When needed, playing an active part in reviewing and refining the product backlog for various feature teams, together with the Product Managers, Technical Leads and team members, through planning and estimation activities;
• Working closely to recruit, on-board and retain a team of high-performance engineers from diverse backgrounds;
• Advising on technical coaching and training of team members and others, promote and advocate continuous improvement;
• Taking data-driven decisions as part of the day to day activity.
The requirements for the role are:
• Strong technical background, currently owning hands-on experience as a software engineer designing, coding, maintaining and testing software products (10+ years);
• Practical experience of using the Spring framework (4+ years);
• Experience in data access, server-side integrations, extensions, and building RESTful APIs;
• A strong knowledge of design patterns, principles and clean coding techniques with the ability to make practical choices based on that knowledge;
• Understanding of one or more relational databases;
• Passionate about technology, strong communicator and promoter of engineering best practices and trends;
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.