This is a complex challenge in the automation testing industry, as the software you will work on powers the daily work of more than 11 million people at industry-leading organizations in more than 190 countries worldwide. Furthermore, consider this opportunity if you find yourself looking for:
- a product that impacts individuals, by providing a better way for people to work, ensuring they have the right information when they need it;
- collaboration with highly skilled individuals, helping to build a single unified Test Engineering process.
What will you do:
- Design and implement high quality, easily maintainable automated tests to cover the feature requirements;
- Review, evaluate and turn high-level requirements into detailed test cases, with clear scope, quality criteria and deliverables;
- Improve efficiency of test methodology and assess how effective the software testing was so as to be able to determine how the testing process and coverage can be improved;
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in an effective manner, assisting in the investigation and resolution where needed;
- Ensure testing is carried out in a timely, repeatable and effective fashion. Investigate and resolve causes of instability in the automated test execution;
- Support the culture of total quality and lead it by example;
- Investigate software defects and identify their root cause.
The requirements for the role are:
- 4+ years of recent practical expertise in software engineering;
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud;
- Continuous Integration testing with Travis, Bamboo or similar CI tools (e.g. Jenkins);
- Knowledge of enterprise application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss, Weblogic or Websphere;
- Knowledge of relational database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or MySQL;
- Experience in server operating systems (Linux and Windows Server);
- Experience in testing RESTful APIs.