Our client is a privately-owned international energy company, with 40,000 colleagues in 13 countries, working daily towards the improvement of technical innovations and user-friendly customer solutions for the new energy world.
Project: A control, optimisation and data acquisition platform for the centralised, sector coupled energy systems exploiting cloud computing, artificial intelligence and IoT technology.
- Experience with developing backend focused applications, mainly with Java.
- Experience with developing applications using the Spring framework.
- Solid understanding of modern API design and restful principles using REST over HTTP.
- Good understanding of software engineering skills in modular designs and data structures.
- Good understanding of microservice oriented architectures and the ability to work on such architectures.
- Good knowledge of effectively implementing logging, monitoring, debugging and automated testing capabilities in your own code.
- DevOps oriented mindset, good understanding of application containerization as well as deployment and operation of such applications using Kubernetes.
Nice to have:
- Prior experience with semantic web, linked data, RDF concepts.
- Prior experience with SPARQL.
- Prior experience with deploying, running and monitoring applications using Google Cloud.
- Prior experience with the Gitlab CI/CD system.
- Prior experience with gRPC.