We are looking for an experienced Chief Architect, passionate about building innovative digital commerce, to help in developing a cloud-native, composable commerce platform, that brings together concepts and strengths of service orientation (SOA), multi-tenancy, APIs first, and Headless approaches.
Our client, a growing product company, created by Hybris (SAP) founders, has the main purpose of developing its digital commerce platform to be the next enterprise-grade „Shopify” that manages advanced commerce in B2B and B2C, with a state-of-the-art composable commerce architecture.
As a Chief Architect, you will make high-level decisions about each stage of the process and work closely with the engineering team to create the final product.
This is how your day to day work will be:
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies
- Design and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints
- Develop architectural metrics and reports for the executive team, business, and IT management
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies
- Provide architectural consulting to programs, projects and initiatives
- Act as the focal point for enterprise architecture and IT standards
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions
Do you have experience with this?
- Solid understanding of modern data stacks – data warehouses/lakes (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query, Databricks), extract/load (Airbyte, Fivetran), transform – dbt, mining/science/ML (Celonis, Data Iku), visualization (Looker, Tableau), Query/Insights – Firebolt.io, Tinybird or similar.
- Understanding of the architecture of an enterprise cloud solution – GCP or AWS across multiple regions
- Experience with API-first architecture
- Rock-solid understanding of Kubernetes and Docker
- Databases (MongoDB, Graph like Neo4J, Key-Value like Redis)
- Serverless Computing – Lambada functions
- Experience building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What awaits you:
- An exciting and involving role with a significant impact on shaping the future of the company and the way we develop our software
- Room to innovate and help create a product that will make a difference
- Opportunity to build a successful company from the early stages, lead and define the technology strategy
- Creative freedom and exciting challenges in a highly competitive technology domain
- Collaboration with highly talented colleagues from around the world and an experienced international management team
- Flexibility to work from home or in one of our offices
- Choose the hardware and tooling you want to work with to achieve the best results